Launched in 2014, Datenight is the leading web- and mobile- app for connecting parents to experienced, local babysitters in Toronto …. and we’re now in Ottawa!
Datenight was founded by a mom of 2 boys with a Ph.D. in Computational Biology from U of T who thought that the process of finding a great babysitter was way too inefficient (read the founding story here). A team of moms run the process of vetting babysitters as well the day to day tasks and a veteran babysitter takes care of the recruiting of babysitters. Datenight is built on the following concepts:
- Parents need childcare help and they want nothing less than great babysitters
- It would be great to start from a short-list of amazing candidates
- Parents want make all final decisions of who is babysitting for them from a well-informed stand point
- It should not take hours of back and forth texting to set up interviews and arrange babysitting
- Babysitters are someone’s kids too, their safety is very important
- Babysitter identity should be protected until they agree that they want to meet a family
So we built Datenight. Within 10 minutes of registering, parents can request interviews with a few babysitters from the Datenight roster.
To get on the Datenight roster, babysitters must have childcare-related experience and be able to provide 2 childcare-related references that we pass on to parents. Many are university and college students with years of babysitting and nannying experience – some are in Early Childhood Education programs.
We have an extremely high match rate between parents and babysitters — we are confident that we can help you find a babysitter who is a great fit for your family. Your time is valuable — why waste it sifting through hundreds of mediocre resumes? Really what parents want is to interview 3-5 great candidates – and that’s what we help them do.
So yes — we’re a mobile app that helps you find a babysitter. And yes — this is a bit of a crazy application of technology. But no — no one is babysitting for your kids before you meet and approve them. And no — we’re not sending just anyone to babysit.