Are you looking for a totally flexible part-time job?
Signing up as a Babysitter with DateNight lets you work as many or as few hours as you like.
In your neighbourhood.
For families that you enjoy working with.
Earning between $100 and $500 a month.
Sign up to hear more. Details Below.
DateNight was started by a mom of 2 boys who wanted desperately to have a monthly dinner out with her husband … but who didn’t really have a babysitter … and found it incredibly difficult to plan the whole thing. Since she had an engineering degree and knew how to code — she figured there must be a technical solution to this problem — so she built an app to do it.
DateNight connects parents who want babysitting — with responsible young people who want to babysit and make some money being self-employed.
How it works:
- Sign up below by clicking on the Sign-Up with DateNight Button
- Schedule a Skype Interview with DateNight
- If you do well in the interview DateNight adds you to the roster of Babysitters
The Overall DateNight process:
- DateNight is trying to help parents with young kids get out of the house to go to dinner once or twice a month. To do that — they need reliable childcare.
- Parents Register with DateNight (including providing references and their LinkedIn Profile)
- They see anonymized Babysitter information (Jenna K., lives 2.5 km away, Babysat for a 2 year-old over the summer, Has take CPR)
- If parents want to meet you, you get an interview request with the parents information (name, references, address, number of kids)
- Do your due diligence and check them outline and with their references
- If you want to meet them at their house or via Skype (parents choose) for an interview — pick a time slot and accept
- After the interview — if both parties agree that it is a good fit — the family becomes a client-family for that particular babysitter.
- If not — babysitters co-interview with other client-families … and client-families co-interview with other babysitters.
How DateNight works on a week-to-week basis:
- As often as each week — babysitters will get text messages with interview and babysitting requests from parents. If you want to babysit — accept. If you don’t want to babysit at all — no problem. Decline it. Decline as often as you like. Accept as often as you like.
- Parents pay through DateNight (so no one has to deal with money issues).
- DateNight forwards pay to the babysitter.
Perks for Babysitters:
- Work as often or as little as you like — you control your hours
- Babysitters can make $100-$500/month depending on how often you want to babysit
- You are your own employer
- Enhance your career path with our Mentorship Program
Responsibilities of Babysitters:
- You are responsible for thoroughly interviewing your client families to ensure that you are comfortable working for them.
- You are responsible for your own transportation to babysitting your job (cab/walk/ride). Your client-family is responsible for contributing to your way home via a public transit or taxi depending on your age and the time of night. If you are under 17, or if the babysitting session ends after 11 pm client families are asked to pay $7 towards your cab fare home.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your client-family children are well taken care of.
- You are responsible for managing your relationship with your client-families.
- You are responsible for managing your work-life balance. School is important — don’t neglect your studies.
- You are responsible for following the Babysitter Guidelines
We are looking for fun, caring, responsible babysitters to match with bright, funny and energetic kids! It’s a win-win situation, really. If you think that you might be interested in working with us — sign up below.
We believe in young people. We know you are talented and entrepreneurial. Kick off your career-path by building your own babysitting clientele.
CEO and Founder of DateNight