What would Datenight do with $100k?
If you haven’t heard yet — Datenight is a finalist in the Telus Small Business Challenge! We’re one of FIVE out of 3,400 to make the cut. We were pretty shocked too! Pitch day was June 29th at Telus — and we think we did pretty well. We’re focused on expansion!
We’ve spent 2.5 years building the technology in Toronto, we’ve grown to Ottawa and we’re ready to replicate that growth!
Do you live in Oakville? Mississauga? Burlington? Richmond Hill? Brampton? What about Vancouver? If we win the Challenge — we’ll be launching in your city! We’ll be looking for:
- A Regional Manager in each city — this is a Flex Schedule work-from-home opportunity (We know – we have kids, too).
- Amazing Babysitters
- Parents who want a Datenight!
We really want to bring great babysitting to your city! But we need your help. If we win this challenge and get a $100k investment in Datenight babysitting — we’re there! We’re on it. We want to come. But we need the prize money to grow — so vote for Datenight babysitting here — VOTE HERE — and help us help you!
Some Q&A about Datenight:
Who are Datenight babysitters?
Datenight babysitters are:
- University and College students
- With 1-2 years experience with kids
- Who can provide 2 child-care related references
- And have gone through a Datenight screening interview
How do I find a babysitter?
- Sign up
- See a list of local babysitters
- Invite some for interviews (in-person or Skype — your choice)
- Approve the matches (our approval rate is through the roof — we have great babysitters!)
- Book babysitting
Why would a babysitter want to babysit through Datenight?
For a few reasons:
- We connect you to lots of great families – you can babysit more through Datenight than you expected!
- We protect babysitter safety
- Babysitters don’t post profile pictures – babysitters are represented by their experience and credentials until they accept an interview. Then parents get all their info. If you think about it — babysitters are people’s children, too
- Parents also have to provide 2 references for themselves plus their LinkedIn profile
Why should I vote for Datenight?
- Because you’d like to get out on a Datenight a few times a year — but you never manage to make it a priority
- Because you have a hard time finding a babysitter that your family LOVES
- Because you’d like to support a mom-built (yes — we have a female CTO), mom-run tech company
- Because you’d like to support a company that values the safety and privacy of young babysitters
Learn more about how Datenight works here: