Are you looking for a totally flexible part-time job?
Signing up as a Babysitter with Datenight lets you work as many or as few hours as you like.
In your neighbourhood.
For families that you enjoy working with.
Earning between $100 and $500 a month.
Sign up to hear more. Details Below.
Datenight was started by a mom of 2 boys who wanted desperately to have a monthly dinner out with her husband … but who didn’t really have a babysitter … and found it incredibly difficult to plan the whole thing. Since she had an engineering degree and knew how to code — she figured there must be a technical solution to this problem — so she built an app to do it.
Datenight connects parents who want babysitting — with responsible young people who want to babysit and make some money being self-employed.
How it works:
- Sign up below by clicking on the Sign-Up with Datenight Button
- Schedule a Skype Interview with Datenight
- If you do well in the interview Datenight adds you to the roster of Babysitters
The Overall Datenight process:
- Datenight is trying to help parents find reliable childcare.
- Parents Register with Datenight (including providing references and their LinkedIn Profile)
- They see anonymized Babysitter information (Jenna K., lives 2.5 km away, Babysat for a 2 year-old over the summer, Has take CPR)
- If parents want to meet you, you get an interview request with the parents information (name, references, address, number of kids)
- Do your due diligence and check them outline and with their references
- If you want to meet them at their house for an interview or via Skype (parents choose) — pick a time slot and accept
- After the interview — if both parties agree that it is a good fit — the family becomes a client-family for that particular babysitter.
- If not — babysitters interview with other client-families … and client-families interview with other babysitters.
How Datenight works on a week-to-week basis:
- As often as each week — babysitters will get text messages with interview and babysitting requests from parents. If you want to babysit — accept. If you don’t want to babysit at all — no problem. Decline it. Decline as often as you like. Accept as often as you like.
- Parents pay through Datenight (so no one has to deal with money issues).
- Datenight forwards pay to the babysitter.
Perks for Babysitters:
- Work as often or as little as you like — you control your hours
- Babysitters can make $100-$500/month depending on how often you want to babysit
- You are your own employer
Responsibilities of Babysitters:
- You are responsible for thoroughly interviewing your client families to ensure that you are comfortable working for them.
- You are responsible for your own transportation to babysitting your job (cab/walk/ride). Your client-family is responsible for contributing to your way home via a public transit or taxi depending on your age and the time of night. If you are under 17, or if the babysitting session ends after 11 pm client families pay $7 towards your cab fare home.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your client-family children are well taken care of.
- You are responsible for managing your relationship with your client-families.
- You are responsible for managing your work-life balance. School is important — don’t neglect your studies.
We are looking for fun, caring, responsible babysitters to match with bright, funny and energetic kids! It’s a win-win situation, really. If you think that you might be interested in working with us — sign up below.
We believe in young people. We know you are talented and entrepreneurial. Kick off your career-path by building your own babysitting clientele.
CEO and Founder of Datenight