The following guidelines have been implemented for babysitters in order to maximize the amount of jobs that babysitters get.
If the following guidelines are not met by a babysitter, his/her account will be de-activated and a $20 fee will be required to reactivate.
- Set your Weekly Availability – Our availability feature allows you to update your availability for four different time slots each day. This makes it easier for parents to find available sitters, thus resulting in more jobs for you! This availability is used EVERY TIME a parent is looking to connect with a babysitter for a Guaranteed Available or Last Minute booking and whenever a parent’s usual babysitters aren’t available to babysit. **Babysitters are required to set their availability and be available to babysit at least ONE TIME PER MONTH to avoid deactivation **
- Answer interview requests – Ignoring interview requests makes parents think that there aren’t any availble babysitters and costs everyone jobs in the long run. Let’s work together to make sure babysitters have as much work as they want! **Going forward, two unanswered interview requests in a row will result in account deactivation requiring a $20 reactivation fee ** This doesn’t mean you need to say yes to the request – it just means that you have to respond with a yes or a no. If you don’t want to receive interview requests, you can set your status to inactive through the Babysitter Dashboard, or through the weekly availability link. Please do this before you leave town for an extended period of time
- Be available to babysit – In order for your account to remain activated, you to need EITHER babysit once per month, OR to set your availability to be able to babysit once per month. If you don’t want to receive booking requests, set your account to “Unavailable for booking”
- Respond to Last-Minute Requests – Babysitters who have at least 2 clients families and one repeat booking, are eligible for “Last Minute” or “Guaranteed Available” bookings – when a family sends both an interview request and a Datenight Babysitting job request at the same time — usually for a date in the near future. If you do not respond to two last minute requests in a row, your ranking on the Last Minute Babysitting preferences list will decrease.
- Having inactive status for less that 5 months at a time – If you set your status to inactive for more than 5 months, please let us know why in order to avoid account deactivation.