Are you looking for a totally flexible part-time job?
Signing up as a Babysitter with Datenight lets you work as many or as few hours as you like.
In your neighbourhood.
For families that you enjoy working with.
Earning between $100 and $500 a month.
Sign up to hear more. Details Below.
Datenight was started by a mom of 2 boys who wanted desperately to have a monthly dinner out with her husband … but who didn’t really have a babysitter … and found it incredibly difficult to plan the whole thing. Since she had an engineering degree and knew how to code — she figured there must be a technical solution to this problem — so she built an app to do it.
We are in YOUR neighbourhood:
Datenight is based out of Toronto and has expanded in to Ottawa. Our families are located throughout the GTA including the Downtown Toronto core to Scarborough, to Etobicoke (ie. Mimico, the Queen’s Way, Sunnylea) and Richmond Hill and Mississauga. Including: Roncesvalles, Bloor West Village, Swansea, The Junction, Trinity Bellwoods, High Park, The Annex, Parkdale, Brockton Village, Riverdale, Leslieville, The Beaches, Danforth Village, Leaside, East York, Wallace-Emerson, Wynchwood Park, Christie Pitts, Seaton Village, Casa Loma, Forest Hill, Yorkville, Summer Hill, Rosedale, Lawrence Park, Bedford Park, Lytton Park, Davisville Village, North Toronto, Downsview, Willowdale, Bayview Village and more! We are constantly getting requests for Babysitters in newer areas so get in touch and see where families are close to you.
Datenight jobs cover a variety of situations:
Parents use Datenight babysitters for afternoons, evening meetings, to play on a sports team or to cover time after a parental leave before day care sorts itself out. You might be asked to babysit for a night out or an afternoon after school. Communicating with the families that you work with allows you to choose the job situations that are best for you.
Datenight also covers some emergency daycare staffing. With the right documents, you can be placed for full day shifts in daycares.
Get started with Datenight today!
- Sign up below by clicking on the Sign-Up with Datenight Button
- Schedule a Skype Interview with Datenight
- If you do well in the interview Datenight adds you to the roster of Babysitters
How the Datenight process works:
- Parents Register with Datenight (providing references and their LinkedIn profile)
- They see anonymized Babysitter information (Jenna K., Babysat for a 2 year-old over the summer, Has take CPR)
- When a parent wants to meet you they send an interview request with their information (name, references, address, number of kids)
- Do your due diligence and check them out online and call their references
- If parents request a meeting either at their home or via Skype for an interview — pick a time slot and accept
- If the interview results in a successful match, the family becomes one of your client-families
- If either party doesn’t approve of the match — no problem. You will go through the interview process with another family
How Datenight works on a week-to-week basis:
- As often as each week — babysitters will get text messages with interview and babysitting requests from parents. If you want to babysit — accept. If you don’t want to babysit at all — no problem. Decline it. Decline as often as you like. Accept as often as you like.
- Parents pay through Datenight (so no one has to deal with money issues).
- Datenight forwards pay to the babysitter within 48 hours.
Perks for Babysitters:
- Work as often or as little as you like — you control your hours
- Babysitters can make $100-$1500/month depending on how often you want to babysit
- You are your own employer
- Enhance your career path with our Mentorship Program
Responsibilities of Babysitters:
- You are responsible for following the Babysitter Guidelines.
- You are responsible for thoroughly interviewing your client families to ensure that you are comfortable working for them.
- You are responsible for your own transportation to babysitting your job (cab/walk/ride). Your client-family is responsible for contributing to your way home via a public transit or taxi depending on your age and the time of night. If the babysitting session ends after 11 pm client families are asked to contribute $7 towards your cab fare home with the rest of their payment
- You are responsible for ensuring that your client-family children are well taken care of.
- You are responsible for managing your relationship with your client-families.
- You are responsible for managing your work-life balance.
We are looking for fun, caring, responsible babysitters to match with bright, funny and energetic kids! It’s a win-win situation, really. If you think that you might be interested in working with us — sign up below.
We believe in young people. We know you are talented and entrepreneurial. Kick off your career-path by building your own babysitting clientele.
CEO and Founder of Datenight